What We Do
At Phase II Women's Center, we believe wholeheartedly that keeping you a healthy and whole individual will keep you happy. We've ensured that you're surrounded by an expert staff and state-of-the-art facilities to meet your changing needs.
Phase II Women's Center was created as a special place to meet the unique needs of women after they've finished childbearing. Life is just beginning for you! We want to make sure you're prepared for it - inside and out.
Whatever the condition, the Phase II Women's Center offers the compassion and the medical expertise you seek. With years of medical experience, we've learned that caring is as important as a precise clinical diagnosis. You'll find we're not just "women's doctors." We're women with families who share many of the things you experience as your body goes through its transitions.
Procedure Categories / Services Section:
- Phase II Women's Center For Women's Health contains the expertise and is fully equipped to meet all of your gynecological needs.
- This includes everything from annual exams to the evaluation of PMS or possible birth control options.
- Heavy Periods: Heavy periods are not normal. Increased bleeding may suggest a problem with hormone balance or the uterine anatomy. Often the exact cause of heavy periods cannot be identified however, there are steps that can be taken in the correction process. The first line of treatment is usually hormonal. This treatment can be prescribed in the form of birth control pills or the placement of an IUD. If that is unsuccessful a uterine ablation can often be effective. This is a two-minute in-office procedure done with a local anesthetic and does not require any recovery time. Uterine ablation is the process of burning the lining layer of the uterus (the endometrium) so it does not build up each month. If the lining does not build up there will be nothing to shed in the form of a period. 50% of patients never have another period. 40% of patients have significantly reduced bleeding but will still have some monthly flow. 10% of patients show no improvement and they will go on to hysterectomy.
- Uterine Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are benign muscle tumors of the uterus. Most common symptoms include heavy vaginal bleeding and painful periods. Treatments include hormonal regulation, uterine artery embolization, surgical removal of fibroids, and hysterectomy. To remove all fibroids and prevent them from recurring, a hysterectomy is required. Now there is a new treatment for fibroids that allows the uterus to be preserved while all existing fibroids are destroyed. The Acessa procedure is a revolutionary new treatment to remove fibroids. It is done laparoscopically as a same-day procedure with minimal recovery.
- As women approach this second phase of their life, Phase II Women's Center can help educate you on the many options available to get the most out of this time in your life.
- From creating diet plans to customized exercise regimens and from herbal/botanical remedies to incorporating hormone treatments.
- Many of our patients have found the transition to be a smooth one with our recommended programs.
- Phase II Women's Center offers the latest surgical and nonsurgical solutions to regaining control of your bladder.
- With our up-to-date technology we can diagnose the cause of incontinence and help create a personalized treatment plan which may include medications, physical therapy, or surgery.
- One treatment option is an innovative surgical procedure that corrects bladder control and has a quick recovery time of less than a week.
- Urinary incontinence affects millions of women. Symptoms include loss of urine with activity or with the sudden urge. Treatment varies depending on the kind of incontinence a patient is experiencing. Medications and Physical Therapy are often first-line treatments. Botox and bulking agents can also be used. If none of these treatments are effective, Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) is often successful. Axonics Therapy is one option for SNS.
With experienced, board-certified pelvic surgeons, Phase II Women's Center provides both surgical and nonsurgical alternatives to correct conditions such as pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding, and pelvic prolapse (poor support of pelvic organs).